70 to snow

Texas weather is ridiculous. If you live in Texas, this is old news.  But to those of you that don't, I actually think the DSMIV has officially diagnosed our weather patterns with bipolar disorder.


Last Sunday was glorious, sunny and well into the 70s.  The kind of weather that brings out the best in the city of Austin and makes me wish i never had to leave.  Anyway, what did i wake up to Tuesday morning? Snow all over my car and sleet on the roads...coincidentally, i never made it to class that morning either (go figure).


Now, i've spent time in areas where the accumulation is measured in feet, not in centimeters, but it's always neat to see it snow here in Austin since it's such a rare occurrence.


Here's a picture i found online taken by a local photographer.  I thought it was cool because it was taken in the same place and of the same tree as my "header photo" above



Here's me after running to my car from the grocery store...i was literally outside for only like 15 seconds, and no that's not dandruff....forgive my awkward face.



I feel sorry though for whoever was driving these things though...bummer.



Don't worry Austin, we'll all be back wearing shorts before you know it!

3 comments

  1. I love that you just referenced the DSMIV... I've been working on Ab Psych all day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I must admit that Texas sometimes seems appealing in that "greener grass on the other side" sort of way. I am actually looking forward to the big D come 7 or so years from now! I think the biggest appeal: the kiddos of course; raising a family and having the kids be near both mine and Kenny's family.

    And a big bonus?? = If you two lovelies are still living there!
    bye now hun, keep blogging:):)

    ReplyDelete