Down and out

So remember last time I posted that I was feeling under the weather?  Well, that turned into a full blown bacterial sinus infection, and I haven't felt this bad in a long while.  Yesterday I was a total pathetic mess - after working all morning, and then waiting almost 3 hours at the urgent care clinic for a prescription, and just being fed up about feeling so crappy, I came home and cried on David's shoulder.  

He lovingly (and with a little fear in his eyes) asked what I was so sad about...and I couldn't really articulate anything, which made me realize how irrational I was being.  There's really no reason to cry just because you're sick, and then he gave me a big hug anyway and made me tea.

Any other wives out there thankful for husbands who are less crazy than us? Amen.

Throwback photo from freshman year(?), courtesy of Alex Kwong.


4 comments

  1. I hope you feel better soon, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not crazy. Never! I am thankful for David too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is amazing how our physical state effects our emotions and outward mood and behavior. sometimes all i need is a nap and a cup of coffee to bring me down off an emotional roller coaster.

    yes, i'm thankful for a husband that is less volatile and more emotionally stable than my crazy self.

    hope you are feeling much better by now.

    ReplyDelete