Lost for words

This past week was traumatic.

trau·mat·ic/trəˈmatik/

Adjective:
  1. disturbing or distressing.

I had an emergency sonogram.  I had an overnight stay in the ER.  I had surgery.  I had a miscarriage.

Traumatic in every aspect of my being.  Emotionally and physically.
Traumatic not just for us, but for my family and friends.

My heart is more broken than it's ever been.  I've cried more than I ever have.
We feel such loss.  We miss feeling like parents.  We miss our little one...more than words can say.

I'm sure you're wondering why I'm posting about this.  This is obviously an extremely personal matter.  People don't usually share this information.  First of all, I want everyone to know, so they aren't expecting any baby news.  Secondly, I started this blog with the intention of sharing my life...the good, the bad, and the ugly.  I feel that tough times and burdens should be shared, so that we can comfort others and be comforted by people who have gone through similar situations.
2 Corinthians 1: 3-4  "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God."
This is the bad and ugly.  This is the hard aches and pains of life.
But this is also where God redeems.  Somehow He is here as well.  He gives us purpose and hope.  We'll never forget, but life with move forward, and God will help us one day at a time.

We are so, so thankful for all the outpouring of support from everyone.  It is touching.
Please be praying for us.  Pray for our hearts during our grieving, and against bitterness.

(If you want to comment, I'd appreciate it if you'd please make it on here and not on facebook).

13 comments

  1. My heart breaks with you, I love you and am praying for you. I am believing in the redeeming power of Gods grace in this situation. Praying for your heart and for peace. I am here as a friend and a helper however you may need me. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are being so strong, friend. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry Stephanie. I know we don't talk much but I am praying for you both, that you would trust God even in this difficult time. I pray he brings you peace. I am available if you need anything at all, really. -Gabi Hutchison

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so very sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks, y'all are so sweet, we really appreciate the support.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Steph, I am aching for y'all. We are praying for healing and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stephanie, just wanted you to know that I have been praying for you both. I'm so glad that in the rawness of this, you're already able to see the beautiful promise of 2 Corinthians 1:3-4. I don't know if Tiffany's told you about the multiple surgeries and procedures I've had in the past year, but it took me a while to see God using my pain and hurt to minister to others, even when all I thought I was doing was trying to keep afloat. It's such a gift! God is so good! Keep holding onto that. --Stefanie P.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stephanie - I can't really find the right words to say. Of course, you have found comfort through scriptures and that just makes you more amazing to us. We love you and are here for you and David. - Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praying for you and David that God will give you the strength, peace and community to find comfort during this time. Love, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh love, I am so sorry for your loss. I am praying for you and that hole you must feel in your heart. I know He brings healing in all things, but sometimes it's so hard when you're wondering why things happened and when the healing will come. Thank you for sharing this with us. I will definitely and specifically pray against bitterness because I know personally how destructive that can be.

    Something that really struck me yesterday was when I was reading a guy's blog and it talked about how when Paul was persecuting the church, Jesus came to him and said, "Why are you persecuting me?" He didn't say "my church" or "my people." That struck a chord with me because it reminded me how intimately he feels everything we go through. Not just as though it's happening to a loved one, but as though it's happening to HIMSELF. He is going through this with you, love, and he won't let you go as you go through it together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just now saw this, and I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I have prayed and will continue to pray for you guys that the Lord would comfort you as you cling to the truth that God will not rip you off. He is still good, and He is still in control. I'm praying against bitterness too, that the enemy would not get that foothold into your hearts. You are loved!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Stephanie

    I follow your blog because I love it, and I want you to know that you and David are in my thoughts and prayers. I am so sorry for your loss, your amazing faith in God is an inspiration and my heart is with you during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stephanie,
    I just now saw this. I'm so sorry for your loss. I will be praying for God to really comfort you guys and hold ya'll during this time. I cannot imagine what ya'll are going through. Know that Ryan and I are praying for ya'll and that God has a purpose even in the hardships we face.

    ReplyDelete