Coming back catch up

Hello all, thanks for putting up with the small blogging break.  With my life taking another 180 degree turn lately, i've been taking time to recuperate.  The Lord has done good things in helping heal us, and we still have many blessings to be thankful for.  Many thanks for all the prayers.

The other thing keeping us busy is we finally moved into our new house! Man, has that been exhausting.  Not only is moving yourself tiring alone, but there are several repairs that we're trying to handle/get finished.  We've had many stressful days, but it's exciting seeing it all come together.  I'll post some pictures eventually, but we have some more painting and picture hanging to do first.

On a good note, we celebrated David's 25th birthday last week.  It was a two-day event involving kayaking and a huge backyard BBQ.  And I must say, I'm pretty proud of the rib rub I made...quite tasty!  It was so fun to hang out with friends and party with them :)








On a side note, my dear friend, Heather, gave me this as a housewarming gift.  It is uhhh-mazing.  Seriously good and authentic Texan recipes.  I've already made some charro beans to die for.  Will have to share some of the goodness with y'all.


We also celebrated our 2nd anniversary this week.  What a blessing.  I couldn't imagine going through life without David.  So thankful for you, babe!

With all the craziness that's been going on lately, we have a long weekend vacation coming up soon.  We're going up to Boone for my family reunion, golf, and cool weather.  Counting down the days.

Hope y'all are having a great summer day!

3 comments

  1. I love the homesick texan blog! you like the cookbook? what are you excited to try? great to read an update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky, i'm sure he would love you too :)

    Mikaela, i love the cookbook! although i don't know how similar it is to her blog. there are some enchiladas and carne guisada that i'm dying to make :)

    ReplyDelete