Tis the season!

Well, I finished my first semester of graduate school!  It's still hard to believe.  It started to sink in when I didn't wake up at 6:30 this morning....mmm, that's the good stuff.  Once I finished my last final, I immediately started pulling out the (small amount) of decorations that we have.



Later this week, David and I are going to go pick out our first Christmas tree....i'm kinda really super excited about this :)  Continuing with the Christmas spirit, here are a list of some of my favorite Christmas movies.

Comedy/Family:  ELF
I absolutely love this movie, and who doesn't?  Will Ferrel just exudes child-like Christmas silliness and happiness, and it can't help but make you smile.
"I'm sorry I ruined your lives...and crammed 11 cookies into the VCR" 
Comedy/Other: Scrooged
So this is another comedy, but I wanted to separate it from ELF because it's not quite as kid-friendly.  Anyway, this movie still cracks me up and we watch it every year.  Bill Murray is always funny to me in anything he does.  This movie is a spin on the classic story of Scrooge, but a modern day version (warning: by modern, I mean 1988).
Bill Murray confronting a ghost: "No, you are a hallucination brought on by alcohol...Russian vodka poisoned by Chernobyl!"
Classic: White Christmas
Uh, be still my heart.  This is my absolute favorite "old" Christmas movie.  Words can't describe how wonderful this movie makes me feel, so I won't even try, just go watch it.
"I want you to get married.  I want you to have 9 children.  And if you only spend 5 minutes a day with each kid, that's 45 minutes, and I'd at least have time to go out and get a massage or something."
What are some of your favorite Christmas movies?

3 comments

  1. I love "The Christmas Box" - cry every time! And always want to see "A Christmas Story". For Dad, of course, it's "Talladega Nights" :)))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yes! I almost put Ricky Bobby on the list ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. White Christmas all the way!! Oh and Charlie Brown and Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. :)

    ReplyDelete