Christmas review and looking forward

To keep it brief, Christmas was fantastic.   
The week prior, David and I flew to Texas and got to see his family and have and early Christmas with them.  We even managed to squeeze in seeing a few dear friends, BBQ, and Mexican food.  It was lovely.



When we got back, my family came to Augusta for Christmas weekend.  It was filled with good times, food, laughter, and celebrating Jesus.

What a blessing...

Even the pups enjoyed their time together.

My talented and sweet husband also got me this mirror.  I saw something like this online earlier in the year but it sold out (and was expensive)...so he made one for me!  Watch out Etsy!

Having this break was so nice, and so needed.  The Lord has been gracious to allow me so much time to be able to relax and spend time with loved ones.  As school starts again in a week, and a new year is drawing close, there are a lot of things on my mind.  Remembering all that happened this last year, good, different, and difficult...excitement and anxiousness about the future...many many goals that I have for myself for 2012.  With all of that swimming around in my head, it's easy to let myself become overwhelmed.  But honestly, the only thing that I need to focus on is Christ.  He is the reason I have another year to celebrate, even just another day.  My main goal for 2012 is to glorify the Lord more, with my heart, mind, and actions.  He is the one who has given me everything undeservingly.  And I know that I will fall short of this, even daily....But He has conquered all of my mistakes (past, present, and future), and He is the one who is merciful and loving and is with me every step of the way. 
 

2 comments

  1. Steph your puppies look so cute together! And that mirror David made is awesome, WOW, such a thoughtful and unique gift. Glad your family had such a happy time together. -lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like yall had a great Christmas!
    I will be praying for you as your gear up for a new semester :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete