Oh, Christmas tree

I'm a passionate "real" Christmas tree advocate.  I told David before we got married that this was a non-negotiable issue, and the only way I would waver would be if he became highly allergic.  I'm sure as our lives become busier, and our family bigger, this will become a more difficult tradition to keep up.  But i'm sticking to it.  I have such great memories of going with my dad and sister to pick out our tree every year.  It was always "our" thing the 3 of us did, and we would usually buy some poinsettias to bring home for my mom.  We would all decorate the tree and house together that night.

Being that David and I were at my parents' house last year, and this year WE are hosting Christmas, David and I got to pick out our first tree together.  This was a big deal to me, and it was one of the first things we did once I finished my finals.  Two other great things about that day: 1) We went to Waffle House before hand (don't judge, you know it's good), and 2) Trees are much less expensive here than out west!

Not gunna lie, the drive home with a tree on top of my car was a tad stressful

...And the decorating begins!

I love homemade ornaments, or ones that you got from a place you visited, or ones that mean something to you.
This angel is made from a cotton bloom and it reminds me of growing up in Mississippi.  My mom and dad have the same one on their tree too.

These 3 ornaments are ones my grandma MADE and sent us.  I absolutely love them.

We are clearly still very "Texan" in our house too.




The finished product! (sorry for the quality, I think this is off of my phone)

It's perfect in every way.  It makes the house so cheerful.  Continuing on the tree post, I made a tree skirt!   I loosely based my idea from the ruffled tree skirt tutorial that's all over Pinterest, but mine's definitely not as "professional" looking.  I used the leftover fabric I had from the stockings I made for David and I last Christmas.  I'm very happy with it and I love the way it turned out.
(Again, phone photos)

  
What are some of your Christmas crafts?

1 comment

  1. uhm...coloring paper ornaments with my sister. or painting ones on cardboard...long long ago. ; )

    ReplyDelete