Blue Ridge

While the Masters tournament was happening, we skipped town and spent the week at my parent's house in the mountains.  It was wonderful to be able to go up there longer then just a weekend.  We got to relax and see family and enjoy the scenery.  Also, friends of ours from Augusta (including their adorable 6 month old baby) met us up there later for the weekend.  It was simply so nice.

We got to eat dinner at night on the back porch with a pretty view...
We had beers after a hike with even bigger views...
We played a little golf...
We canned some yummy tomatoes...
We went to the park with the dogs...
We did "tummy time" with the dogs...
We got to go to a fancy schmancy wine tasting dinner...
But one of the neater things we did was go up to the top of Grandfather Mountain.  It's known as one of the higher elevations in the Appalachian mountains and has a "mile high" suspension bridge.  You can ask my friends...I was a weeny going across.  But I did it and gave myself a pat on the back.  It didn't help that the wind gusts got up to 50 mph that day!!!
I'm glad I brought my "real" camera though and got to capture some amazing shots...these pictures don't come close to doing justice to the panoramic views.
We also got to see a few animals at the mountain's wildlife habitat.
It's such a great park to go to if you're ever in the area!

Thankful for my gracious parents who live here and always open their doors and allows us to relax, and thankful to be able to admire such beautiful creation.

No comments