One year ago

Today marks my first wedding anniversary with David, the big 0-1.  And man, what a busy, crazy, loving, wonderful year it has been!

We decided to do the traditional wedding gift this year, which happens to be paper.  My gift to him was a painting I made of our wedding vows.  The background doesn't really come through in the photo, but you get the idea.
His gift to me took a lot more time and effort.  Up to this point, we had never gotten an album made of our wedding photos.  We wanted to, but weren't sure exactly what to get and how much to spend, etc.  David worked together with our photographer to make a leather-bound book of our wedding photos.  It turned out so great!  I really love it.

One year ago, I had the best day of my life. 
One year ago, I made a commitment before God and loved ones to my best friend. 
One year ago, I married a good looking, hard working, Jesus loving, dish washing man (jackpot!).

As we placed the rings on each other's finger, these are the vows we wrote and made together:
You are my joy, the love of my life, who God set apart for me.
I will pursue God above all else, and lead you in your faith.
You are my beacon and my haven.  I have eyes only for you.
I promise to trust you, respect you, and laugh with you, all the days of my life.
As Christ loves the church, so is my love for you.

Happy anniversary, David.  I'm glad you asked me to marry you :)

1 comment

  1. Yes, indeed it does! My album isn't as fancy as yours- I still need to get around to making one of our wedding pictures! Hope yall are settling in- love the house!! :)

    ReplyDelete