In the name of love...and spanish rice

In the past, Valentine's day has never been a holiday that David and I celebrated "big".  Our dating anniversary was always the week before, so we usually went out to celebrate that and then stayed home on the 14th to avoid the hectic restaurant crowd.

Here we are recently celebrating 7 YEARS of being together.  Forgive the bland background, there's not a lot of scenery in an apartment.

But it's because we stayed home, a lovely and delicious (and maybe strange) tradition was born: PAELLA.   Several Valentine's days ago I made paella, David loved it, and it just kind of stuck with us! Now I make it every year on V-day and it's something we both look forward to.



It's even better along side crusty bread and a good glass of wine.


Also I'd recommend some handmade chocolate dipped strawberries.  So easy and decadent.


This was definitely my best Valentine's day yet.  Maybe it's just because I have the best Valentine :)  Speaking of my lovey, he started his own blog!   

"Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children.  And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God" -- Ephesians 5:1-2
Hope everyone is feeling the love! Next time I will share my upcoming adventures in Georgia (and the paella recipe)

1 comment

  1. What a great tradition! Glad to hear it was your best vday yet as it was the first one with your now hubby. And great job on the strawberries, they look so good! Nice to see you both so happy, thanks for sharing, love.
    xo-lauren

    ReplyDelete