Busy bee

It's been a while since I updated last, I felt like I needed to let you recover from that cupcake recipe. MMM.  Moving on...

I ran my first 5k this weekend! I know this might not be a big deal to anyone, but it is to me!  I really don't enjoy running...maybe it's the swimmer inside of me that is used to non-load bearing exercise, but whatever it is, I pretty much have never liked running.  I still don't.  Well, I have some friends who work for the UT Autism Project, and they had organized a 5k to benefit it.  Since 1) I needed to get my butt into shape, and 2) my money was going towards a cause i'm passionate for, I signed up...with only two weeks left before the actual race (oh yeah, and have I mentioned that I don't ever run?). Oops.  So with only a couple of "training" runs in, I somehow completed my first 5k.  This was only made possible by God for not letting me die, and by my friend Tiffany for doing the whole thing right next to me even though she's an experienced runner and could have lapped me.  My hips and hamstrings have been in pain, but I hope I can make myself spontaneously sign up for another one someday...(maybe next time a little more prepared though).



Tiffany and I at the end...I can't believe how normal she looks after running 3 miles.  Makes me sick ;)



The evening after the 5k was my friend Erin's bachelorette party.  We did dinner, drinks, presents, and karaoke! Perfect night.

The bride-to-be



Making a fool out of myself



Beautiful ladies



In my own wedding department, David and I took our engagement pictures! I 'm SO pumped to see how they're going to turn out.  We also mailed the invitations and booked the rehearsal dinner.  I'm on a roll...with a million more things to get done.  Less than 2 months now :)

After I finish my awful research paper, there are exciting things in store for the upcoming weekend too: my sister coming to town, bridal portraits (as long as it doesn't rain), tiff's wedding shower, my own wedding shower, and the one i'm most excited about is GOING TO THE PHOENIX CONCERT!!!  Can't wait, I might die of happiness.

1 comment

  1. So nice to hear about all the fun you are having!

    I, too, cant wait to be done with this school business so I can focus on the upcoming summer of love and fun!

    Also, I am so happy to see you still "making a fool out of yourself" by singing/dancing/karaoking... I remember our time overnight at Race for the Cure. :)

    I'm looking forward to yours and davido's engagement pictures! And I do hope you can come to my bachelorette! (That is if you are back from your lovely honeymoon, the weekend before our wedding.:)

    Have fun at PHEONIX LIVE!

    ReplyDelete