Asheville

Man, what a great small vacation we just had.  Some of our best friends from Texas flew all the way out to Augusta, and then we drove up to Asheville for the weekend.  This trip was relaxing, hilarious, delicious, fun, beautiful, and just what we needed.  Side note: that's one of the things I love about Augusta, you can drive to a ton of wonderful places all within about 3 hours.  Coming from Texas, a state that takes 2 days to drive across, that's a novel and refreshing concept!

Anyway, our first stop was our bed and breakfast, The Sweet Biscuit Inn.  This place was so cute, and comparatively affordable.  The owners were an adorable, hospitable French couple who whipped up quite the spread each morning.  I'd recommend this place to whoever is going up to Asheville.






We did a little front porch drinkin'
Next was the Biltmore Estate - most pictures are of their gorgeous gardens because you can't take pictures inside.  I want their landscapers to come to my house right this instant and crash my yard.







My favorite photo of my favorite flowers I saw there.  LOVED them.


And of course the tour ended with a wine tasting.  Not too shabby.
We also ate a ton of good food, which I was too busy engulfing to take pictures of.  But I would definitely recommend Tupelo Honey Cafe - it's quite busy, but worth the wait.  And when you go, you have to order the Appilachian Eggrolls: carolina pulled pork wrapped in collard greens and goodness and we were all drooling.  Ok i'm done.

On our last day, we detoured on our way home to go hiking at Chimney Rock/Lake Lure area.  Wow, this was so worth stopping at.  Such perfect creation on display.



404 ft. waterfall - epic!
 

Sorry, I had to add this one :)
I could have stayed here all day.
Oh yeah, and on the way home we picked up what felt like 100 lbs of applies.  Delicious ones I might add, that have already gone into a pie this week.  The taste of Autumn!
Ok, we didn't go home with ALL of these.
And just for funsies, the blooper reel:



There's something just so great and comfortable about being with your close friends.  Thanks Tiff and Wayne for visiting!

2 comments

  1. This truly looks like an amazing little get away. The B&B sounds charming.

    Beautiful pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great to check in on y'all via the blog :) don't have spare time these days to be in the blog world but glad I visited for. Quick minute to get A Cathcart update. Blessings to you guys! Tara

    ReplyDelete