Recipe reviews

As promised, here are some yummy recipes that I have made recently.  All recipes (and pictures) were found on Pinterest, all were easy to make, and all received a husband approval rating of "delicious."

I'm sharing two crock pot recipes and two vegetarian recipes.
1) The crock pot has been my BFF since this semester started back.  Longer school days = I'm more tired and have less time, so it has been awesome

2) At the beginning of the year I decided to cook meatless on Mondays.  David and I used to do this last year, and loved it, but somehow as we moved and I started school last fall it kind of fell by the way-side.  I have really enjoyed cooking this way so far and it helps us take one more step to being healthier.

First up,
Crock Pot Orange Chicken














David and I cook stir fry pretty frequently, so this was a great new, easy, alternative to the usual teriyaki sauce we use.  Brown the chicken quickly, throw it in the pot, and cover with sauce. Done. I stir fried some frozen veggies with a little of the leftover sauce and whipped up some rice on the side.  Very tasty.


This took me by surprise and turned out to be one of the better pot roasts i've ever had.  SO FLAVORFUL! And only five ingredients (plus waster)...FIVE.  Right up my alley.  My grocery store didn't have the right size pot roast I wanted, so I actually used 2 1/4 lbs of stew beef instead, which worked just as well.  Try this on the next rainy night in.

Wow, this was yummy.  I think this will become a staple in our "meatless Monday" collection.  And it was pretty simple with the pre-packaged ravioli and sauce.  David and I inhaled it.

This was a fantastic company dish.  Even David, who feels iffy towards mushrooms, really liked it. I personally loooove risotto, and this was no exception.  Even without any meat, this was very filling and satisfying.  

So there are my reviews.  Hope that you get a chance to try some of these, as we loved them in our household.  

1 comment

  1. Good recipes! You must be such a good wifey making home cooked meals! I get around to about 1 of those a week! Well, actually this week I made some super delicious soups so this week was better. Also because I dont eat meat kenny has nearly become a vegetarian so when we get the chance we LOVE to go out to eat and kenny of course orders MEAT.

    ReplyDelete