Blueberry Cake

So as I wait for the wedding photos to arrive, I'm going to share with you this tasty Summer-ish cake recipe.  I call it Summer-ish because it's very light, contains fruit, and has no icing.  Now that's my kind of cake.  The best part?  Since it has fruit in it, i've convinced myself that it's perfect to eat at all occasions, (breakfast, snack time, etc), and not just for dessert.  Here goes:

  • 1 cup + 1 Tb. flour

  • 1 cup sugar

  • 1 tsp. baking powder

  • 1 stick butter, softened

  • Zest 1 lemon, plus it's juice

  • 1 tsp. vanilla

  • 2 eggs

  • 2 cups blueberries

  • Powdered sugar (for dusting)



  1. Preheat oven to 350.  Lightly grease and flour a 9" round pan.

  2. In a small bowl, combine flour with baking soda and a pinch of salt.

  3. In a large mixing bowl, combine lemon zest, sugar, butter, and vanilla until fluffy.  Add eggs and flour and beat until smooth.  Pour batter into pan.

  4. In a medium bowl, combine berries with 1 Tb. flour and lemon juice.  Spoon into batter.

  5. Bake for 1 hour.

  6. Once it's done and cooled slightly, dust with powdered sugar before serving.


This is seriously one of mine and David's favorite treats I make, and I encourage you to make it for someone you love as soon as possible.

2 comments

  1. Anything blueberry is yummy to me. Can't wait to try the recipe, Steph. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this recipe sounds legit Stephanie! I miss seeing yall! I hope yall two are doing okay up there! Hope you're still doing P90X! I've converted to Insanity! It's all cardio which is awesome, but it takes a lot out of you too!

    ReplyDelete